Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared memory for different tasks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i call a rfc function module in threading mode (task):

CALL FUNCTION 'Z_TEST'
STARTING NEW TASK lv_taskname
DESTINATION lv_destination_func

destination is the same system (it has to be a rfc fm to use the "starting new task" clause).

Now i want to share memory (internal table, application log) beetween the program and the called function module 'Z_TEST', but i don't know how!? the application log and the global parameters in function group are not known in called function module 'Z_TEST'!!??

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The calling program and called function belong to different program so they can't see the global data, if you need it u should transfer them by interface of fm but why u need to do it?

Max

0 Kudos

The problem is, in main program i create a application log and transfer the log_handle to Z_TEST.

There, i want to add messages into this application log, but i don't get access to it, i got the message that the application log doesn't exist..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Before calling the Z_TEST , please save the application log

using

BAL_DB_SAVE_PREPARE (prepare to save)

BAL_DB_SAVE (save)

then in Z_TEST use the handle to open log and then use

BAL_LOG_MSG_ADD (add messages)

May this will be help

0 Kudos

Hi

U can also try to tansfer all data you need by a new fm belonging to the same function group of fm Z_TEST.

Max