cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast - ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've scheduled 3 reports to email PDF's to approx 400 users but the BEx broadcaster only managed to send out about 80 emails. in the various logs and traces I can see and error that states "ERROR max no of 100 conversations exceeded".

I can find various notes about this refering to various sytstem parameters but as far as I can tell our parametrs are set correctly e.g.

gw/max_conn 500

gw/max_sys 300

gw/max_overflow_size 10000000

gw/max_shm_req 50

rdisp/tm_max_no 200

rdisp/max_comm_entries 500

As I understand it from the notes we should increase the environment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV. However the note I'm looking at (316877) states that this environment variable is on the ITS server but from talking to our Basis support the version of netweaver we are running doesnt have an ITS server?? Dont really know what all that means. Any ideas on that one or about the error message as a whole would be greatly appreciated.

If it's any help I can also see in SM21 that at the time of broadcasting the users got the error:

> Conversation ID: 33568780

> CPI-C function: CMSEND(SAP)

Communication error, CPIC return code 017, SAP return code 450

Thren in the broadcast log via RSRD_LOG the users have the error:

Java communication error: Error when opening an RFC connection RSBOLAP017

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look at this

SAP Note Number: 916090 - RFC-error messages in Web Application Designer 2004s

Thanks

Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried the various diagnostic tools and all have come back as ok. But I'm still getting an error about the possible number of conversations being exceeded when I try and broadcast any sort of volume.

Edited by: Joel Yates on Sep 15, 2008 3:01 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Icreased settings in visual administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using these threads, if you get some help from them.

/thread/174978 [original link is broken]