cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Deleted on Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have manually deleted indexes on a cube so I can run an ipak to load a large amount of additional data. However it doesnt look as if it will finish before I go home tonight. The overnight process chain will run and load more data into the cube. The problem is that the process chain will first attemp to delete the already deleted indexes and then run the ipak but only if the deletion process is successful (Green Arrow between the processes in the process chain).

Does anybody know if the deletion process will return a successful status since the indexes are already deleted or will it return failure and so prevent the ipak from running.

Thanx in advance

HKF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there should be no issue. Otherwise temporary change the process chain to do the upload independent from the returncode and next week set it back.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the step will not fail.

Its just like trying to delete the indexes twice from a cube and if nothing is found then it will move on.

You can do it in the development system yourself.

just create and schedule one step process chain where you delete the indexes of a cube which has no indexes.

Thanks

Ajeet