cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Date to Calendar week in Query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to convert date to week in the query designer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Rose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well... the best is to put the week in your cube.

The virtual char solution needs to have the char defined in the cube, even if not filled.

There is no function to convert date to week in the QD, as far as I remember.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain more about virtual char you mentioned?

What i am actually doing is i am using a formula variable (getting the value from customer exit) and i based the calculation of other keyfigures basing on this value. The input value.. (data type date ) does not filter my query output.. it is only purely used for calculating other keyfigure values. The data types (Dimension Settings ) available in formula variable are only quantity, amount, pice and number, date and time.. there is no week there. So currently I am using the date. If I can convert date to week then.. I can make my query a lot simpler.

Thanks for your reply...

Regards,

Rose

Former Member
0 Kudos

A virtual characteristic is a char you define in your cube, but which is filled by a customer exit, and not by data. It's not a good solution in term of response time.

The question I should have asked is "what is the purpose of your calculation of calendar week". For sure, you can define a calculated KF which will be filled in by a customer exit variable.

It depends on what you want to display, i.e. do you want to display it like 01.2008 (for week 1, year 2008) or 1 for week 1.

For sure, in key figures, you won't be able to display text.