Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales area is different in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i try to create a sales order in sales area say 1000/12/05,

and enter the material say X which contain the division 10 in MM01. The system is showing the messege "ship to party ABC not defined for sales area 1000/12/10.

but when in the initial screen i entered the sales area 1000/12/05.And the same is reflecting in Overview screen. But the messege is saying some diff sales area.

How to solve this ?

regards

jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

My earlier answer will not work because you cannot create the material in more than one division. So better create one common division (00) in SPRO do the necessary changes and make it as a reference division for customer master data. Then you can enter any material for that customer.

Hope this will work.

regards

Rama Krishna

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly check the below configuration:

Ensure to do the undermentioned configuration also though it is not in Customizing node of Enterprise Structure.

1. Defining Common Distribution Channels for Master Data

Use

The purpose of this activity is to define distribution channels which have common master data..

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG Menu -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Distribution Channels

Transaction Code: VOR1

2. Defining Common Divisions for Master DataUse

The purpose of this activity is to define distribution channels which have common master data..

Procedure

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG Menu -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Define Common Division

Transaction Code: VOR2

-

Check the Item Division check box tick maintained or not in Sales Order type (for Eg: OR). You will have to try modifying the same and test the Scenario.

-

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

There are 2 cases here

1) If you define the sales area in your initial screen of sales order creation then you need to have your ship to party customer defined in that sales area.I think you need to create your ship to party in the sales area 1000/12/05.It should solve your basic purpose.

2) If you dont enter the sales area in your initial screen then it automatically comes from the ship to party customer master data.

So basically, the sales area is related to your Ship to party customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I think your customer not belongs to sales organization 1000.

If it is in Sals Org 1000. then Plz maintaing data in,

Common Distribution Channel - OVR1

Field - DCh Cust/Mat

Common Division - OVR2

There is a field for DivCust

Plz try this, May this help........

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi JPT,

As you said your material's division is 10 and you are entering the order in other division (sales area). So better extend the material to the division you are entering the order or go to MM02 and change the division of the material.

Wish this sovles your problem.

regards

rama krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi,

Copy this customer for the Sales Area which is proposed by the Sales Order.

Regards

Praveena..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

You need to extend your Customer to Division - 10.

This would solve your problem...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta