cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Status (How to do it Query?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BW Experts,

We have a Sales Query in which we have to display Sales Order No and its status adjacent to it.

Report Layout:

(show).........(hide) .........(hide).........(hide).........(show)

Order#......Crd Blck ........Dlv Blk.........Bil Blk.......Status

The requirement is that this status should be populated dynamically based on the values of Credit Block & Delivery Block and Billing Block. The columns for these blocks would be hidden. And only Status column would be shown to the user.

We have to follow certain ranking for deciding status. For example: If credit block is populated then status should be shown as Credit Block. If it is blank, then we have to check if Delivery Block is populated. If it is, then we would display status as delivery block. If Delivery Block column is blank then we have to check billing block and populate status as billing block if billing block is populated....like this.

Please do not suggest to use Macros. We have to display this report in Web/Portal.

Can somebody please tell how we can do this at query level?

Regards

X

Edited by: X Z on Sep 12, 2008 1:28 PM

Edited by: X Z on Sep 12, 2008 1:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can manage it with virtual characteristics. The only problem is that it's quite resource consuming (response time is not very good).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give me some more detailed information about this virtual characteristic or please guide me to necessary link ....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the link here, but searching virtual characteristic in the forum will led you to the correct links.

A Virtual char is a char, defined in the cube and thus useable in the queries, but, instead of beeing filled at loading of the cube, it's filled by a customer exit.

Go to CMOD to find the exits defining the Virtual Chars.

Maybe you could use the Visual Composer also to define the query, if you don't need to navigate, since there is some formulas possible (it's process logic based, and could display what you want to display).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But our query is based on an InfoSet and not an InfoCube. Do you think we can still use Virtual Chara/KF?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, it's much easier, define in your infoset the logic of determination of the status. I very few used infosets but I think it's feasible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody please elaborate on the possible solution to our requirement?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you ask the person who designed the infoset to add a 4th field, containing the logic you described in your initial post ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have designed the InfoSet by selecting the join conditions on ODSes for Sales Order Header, Sales Order Item and Delivery Item.

I have selected all fields required for our query from either of these ODSes. I could not see an option while defining InfoSet whereby I can add a custom column in the InfoSet definition in which I could write my logic.

Sorry for my ignorance but if you know how we can do it, then please advice. I don't mind modifying the InfoSet as long as I understand what I am doing and for what.

Thanks a lot once again for your help,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, No problem, no intent to be pretentious or whatever could be badly interpreted. I don't know how to do so, but I know that in designing Infosets, you can add extra columns in the infoset, and link ABAP coding to this extra columns.

If you have experts in infosets in your surroundings ... I'll see if I can find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Infoset screen, click on the "Other functions" buttons, then create (blanck paper), create extend data. Give a name, description ....

You should see the data appear on the left panel. Right click on it, and enter the code associated to the data.

Then add the data to the infoset result.

All the functions are translations from my language to english, not sure of the translation, but you should be able to find them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks but it seems it is not my day today.

I went to the Change Mode of InfoSet Definition using RSA1 and I could not see any button or menu option like "Other Functions" or "Create".

Can you please tell me which transaction did you use? RSA1 or RSISET? And what is the position of this "Other Functions" button?

I am using BI7.

Thanks again,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oups ...

I use Infoset soooooo many, that I went to SQ02 instead of RSA1 ...

I'll try to find a clue on the BW infosets.. sorry.

Answers (0)