Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The layout shows data that aren`t in the infocube

javierbarneo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have created 3 layouts with BPS with one selection variable.

When I execute the layout, I filter trow the selection variable for one value that isn't in the infocube but the layout shows some records.

I have tried to remove the records form the layout but they shows again.

Any body can help me?

Thanks in advantage.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

javierbarneo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

Stephen, the infocube is empty, and the layout shows some records.

Andreas, we are on BW 3.5, the oss notes is for BI 7.0.

Thanks is advantege.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, then I don't the answer: if the cube previously held data it sounds like something may be cached incorrectly.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I see 3 possibilities to explain the system behaviour

1. You are using the combination proposal in the planning layout.

2. Some characteristics used in the rows are restricted to one value in the planning package (or level). In the area for new lines the system automatically print out these values to reduce the reduce the amount of work to fill new lines.

3. You are using the Excel In-Place and you have changed some formatting in the Layout Builder. There the system uses dummy data for a preview. Maybe your Excel template contains some of the dummy data. The system usually saves the Excel template without the dummy data but when formatting or the posistion of some column where changed the system might no know the new position to delete the dummy data, cf. documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/aa/f73e4045796913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You can check check the Excel template using transaction bdn1 or oaer (depending of

the release). Use class name = SEM_BPS, class type = OT and object key

= area_level_0-MP_layout where area, level, layout are the technical

names of the planning area, etc. You can display (and down-, upload the

Excel template). One can try to repair the Excel template or update

the layout with the master template and change the formats as suggested

in the documentation.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

check this SAP Note on relevance:

Incorrect data in planning (correction for Note 1112519)

SAP Note Number: [1179076|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_pla/~form/handler%7b5f4150503d3030323030363832353030303030303031393732265f4556454e543d444953504c4159265f4e4e554d3d31313739303736%7d]

I had similar problems which have been solved by this note.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a simple analysis report on the cube to really see what is in the cube, and compare it with all the characteristic settings for the layout (both in the level definition and the layout definition). Either something is in the cube that you don't know about and is not filtered out in the layout, or the level/layout definitions do not exclude something that is present, or it contains a setting that filters wrongly. Check also what the variable settings are.

Stephen