cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Payroll Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would require expert advice on payroll area, we have X pay roll and all employee and payroll has run till last month, now business required separate payroll area for a set employee due to currency variation from current payroll period i.e. September,08, where periodicity and pay dates are same monthly.

Can I create separate payroll area and control record and can transfer those employees to new payroll area and run payroll.

Pl advise and suggest me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is provision of secondory currency in Fi where you can do posinting so you can as well have same payroll area and run with different currecy or Secondory currency

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. I will check, but my requirement is payroll should run in currency i.e Oman Riyal completly and even their posting shld done in same currency. have configured separate Personal area, subarea, payscale area and type and assigned default currency. But, when I ran payroll amt is still showing in AED but not in OMR

Regards,

Patwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patwari...

What is the exact requirement...?

Are you going to change the currency for ever for these employees...?

If so, you need to check for the latest SAP notes. A basis person can apply these notes into your system where you can see the currency changes for the respective employees. You need a FICO person only to check whether the FI related tables are getting updated or not. And for this you have to be ready with a new payroll area and a control record with you....

You can come back with more questions on the same....for better clarity

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, my requirement is

we have X pay roll with base currency with AED and all employee's payroll has run till last month in AED, now business required separate payroll area for a set employee with different currency with Oman Riyal from current payroll period i.e. September,08, where periodicity and pay dates are same monthly. But, both are under same company.

I have configured separate Personal area, subarea, payscale area and type and assigned default currency. But, when I ran payroll amt is still showing in AED but not in OMR.

I am doubt can we have different currency payment in same company. If so, please let me know how the steps.

Sure, I will check with our FI guys.

Rgds,

Patwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this you have to look in to so many factory for that you need to reveal some other points too here.

1 What is your financial year

2 do you have payroll on SAP from the begining of financial year

3 Which country tax you going to follow?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you.

1 What is your financial year

Our is Jan - Dec 2008

2 do you have payroll on SAP from the begining of financial year

Yes we have payroll for two years

3 Which country tax you going to follow?

our is payroll international and we don't have tax.

Pl let me know your inputs.

Regards,

Patwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Patwari I thought we can this at personnel area level.

I think it is not possible here, No need changing the company code, this might be the solution for it

FI people While creating comapy code they have to choose what type of currecy use. I belive If they select both the currencies we can do it

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know can we have multiple currency payroll areas and also payment in respective county currency under same company.

Regards,

Patwari

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can very much create a new payroll area and run a action for all related employees .

Regards

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer,

Thank you, but i need advise on following i have created new payroll area and assigned employee.

But, now as per business they wanted to pay the salary in different curreny. Ex in previous payroll area amt is paid in UAE but with new payroll area they wanted to pay in USD.

How to change currency to USD for new payroll area, pl let me know the steps.

Regards,

Patwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is only matter of viewing the amounts in USD, you can see the amount in different currency by setting it in Easy access, while generating Remuneration Statement.

But if you need to run the payroll and complete cycle in USD, I understand you need to work in different company code and settings might need help of FICO consultants.

Best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. I need to run the payroll and complete cycle in USD for new payroll area,we have created new company code with USD currency. Pl let me if any steps do i need to do.

Regards,

Patwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any inputs for this please.

Regards,

Patwari