Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Codepage from 4110 to 4103

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting a short dump at the execution of the statement READ DATASET. The short dump says a character was found that cannot be displayed in one of the two codepages.

I have used a standard SAP Program which converts the code pages ( RSCP_CONVERT_FILE ). Unfortunately this program also short dumps when i specify the source as 4110 Target 4104 and the filename on application server.

I've tried using NON UNICODE addition but have realised that it's not the proper way of doing it in a Unicode System.

The Problem is with one special symbol " in the flat file. This symbol is not get recognised by the program and this is getting identified as # when i see it during debugging.

Please help me in this regard.

Kindly do not send me the documentation on OPEN DATASET and READ DATASET i have read that several times.

Thanks,

Sai

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Have you tried using the 'LEGACY TEXT MODE' addition?

From my experience, Legacy text needs to be read as legacy text. I observed that it gave me the same kind of dump many times when trying to read legacy data as unicoded.

Hope it helps!

...Purnima...

0 Kudos

No Purnima i have tried this it doesn't work. The System still recognizes the " on the flat file as #. Thanks for your response.

former_member705122
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Show code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using a clause 'IGNORING CONVERSION ERRORS' during OPEN DATASET?

Thanks,

SKJ

0 Kudos

Yes I did use the Ignoring Conversion Errors, But that doesn't help. There is one " symbol in the flat file this is getting replaced with #. I don't want this to happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is closed. Thanks Guys.

0 Kudos

Hi,

How did u close this error ?

Could you please tell me...

satya

0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Use the FM NLS_GET_FRONTEND_CP, This will give you the Code Page, Then use the OPEN DATA SET statement in Legacy Text Mode with code page addition. Let me know if you need further info.

Thanks,

Sai

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I got the similar kind of problem. My flat file contains SQUARE² (Observe the superscript value 2), due to that i am getting dump in standard program RFEKA700.

Some how manged by using open dataset p_file in legacy text mode for input ignoring conversion errors. in custom program.

Now runtime error is coming in RFEKA700.

Please revert me...thanks...urgrnt

payalseth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I used the legacy mode but still get the error for codepage 8404: chinese.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

I am use Excel file to read from application server to internal table i am also got this type of error

Please help

Pranesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.