Data type Enhancement
what is Data type Enhancement?
SAP applications enable customers to enhance application source code without making modifications and thus meet customer-specific requirements that are not provided for in the standard shipment
You can make the following enhancements to a data type:
1. You can add elements and structures at the top hierarchy level as subelements of the root element.
2. You can define attributes for the root element or its inserted elements.
3. You can create elements and attributes at the top hierarchy level as optional fields only. You can create all other elements and attributes as often as you like.
4. You can define your own facets for newly inserted elements or attributes in the Details column. This is not possible for SAP data type fields.
1. Create a data type enhancement.
2. Assign a data type from a subordinate software component version to the data type enhancement. These data types are shown in the navigation tree of your software component version, in the Basis Objects branch.
3. The Integration Builder automatically enters the namespace of your data type enhancement in the XML Namespace field. You can enter a different XML namespace in this field if you want. The XML namespace avoids naming conflicts between customer fields and fields that are added later by SAP.
4. Enter the fields and attributes that you want to add at the top level on the Enhancement Definition tab page. The functions that are available in the XSD editor are also available here, but with the restrictions described above. You can look at the XSD representation on the XSD Definition tab page.
The enhanced data type is displayed on the Enhanced Data Type tab page