Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SP1 frustration

Hi there

After experiencing the many issues with with the 2008 release I was looking forward to SP1, however there seems to be just as many issues......

Within an hour of using SP1 the application has crashed 3 times and I've found at least 4 bugs. The state of the app makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to use and is incredibly frustrating.

The issues I've found so far are:

1. The font colour for vertical and horizontal titles seems to randomly change - I'm using 6 charts, all with white as the font colour. Mysteriously they've all changed to black in preview mode (white in normal mode) and whatever I do they won't change back to white. I'll probably have to start my dashboard again but presumably the same issue will happen, so I'm wondering if I just abandon the tool altogether.

2. Xcelsius seems to open multiple background instances of Excel when using the tool - these instances are not closed when Xcelsius is closed. The only way to fix this is to kill them using the task manager otherwise it slows my machine down. After a short session working with Xcelsius I had 31 instances of Excel running in the background.......

3. The List View component produces an error when enabling the vertical scroll button. The title row is replaced with the top most row's data and all of the formating becomes inconsistent.

4. Within the spreadsheet component it's not possible to change the font colour, and changing the border colour has no effect. When trying to use this component Xcelsius keeps crashing.

Please can someone help - Xcelsius is fast becoming a waste of space on my machine, and is wasting a lot of my time (and most other users I suspect).

Many thanks

Scott Wallace.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question