cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New General Ledger - use instead of COPA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the new General Ledger has new tables (FAGLFLEXT for example) and it looks like you can also define your own to store 'Characteristic Values". Does anyone know whether it be possible to investigate using this new functionality to perform some sort of Profitability Analysis, instead of using COPA - and any drawbacks to doing so?

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter, I am afraid that you are mistaken. There is lot of difference between the New GL Accounting and COPA. They are entirely different and its utility is also different. Here in New Gl, Characteristics means, segment characteristics, for example, business area, profit center, functional area, segment. Trust this answers your query! Cheers, Ashok SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok for clearing that up.

However, it appears that it is possible to create your own version of FAGLFLEXT and I guess I was thinking it may be possible to define additional fields to capture characteristics and value fields if you didn't want to implement full-blown COPA - just a thought.

thanks,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter, It is quite ok. Anyway the doubts are cleared and do appreciate this memorably. Trust this helps much! Cheers, Ashok SINGH