cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Based Discount - Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement in my client's business that the discount is based on the unit price of a particular material. And this discount is for specific customers.

i.e. If the price of a material is less that 500 then 10% discount, for 501 - 1000 -> 20% discount and For 1001 and above -> 25 %.

Now if I create a condition type with the above mentioned scales then the total value of the line item (but not Unit Price) is considered to determine the discount percentage.

This doesnot give the correct discount if there are multiple items in the line.

Is there any way to make the scales work based on Unit Price of the material ? Pls. help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as per ur client requirement if u want to maintain discount as per specific material ,maintain condition record VK11 (manual discount RB00).

Use tcode OVB2 maintain condition type and specify upper limit and lower limit for specific unit of material.

Eg:

condition typecalculation typeUnitLower LimitUpper Limit.

If any suggestions pls reply me.

Thank You

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chak

u can maintain condition records with scales in VK11. In VK11 enter condition type and go to MenuGo To Scales

Enter quantity and price

for ex: 10quantity---rs.500

20quantity---rs 700

30quantity---rs 1000

When u raise a sales order if u enter 10 quantity it will take rs. 500 and when u enter 15 quantity also it will take rs.500 only.. so after that if u enter 20 quantity it will take rs.700

like wise.. it will calculate on scale basis.

and make sure that in pricing procedure(v/08) make it mandatory so tht automatically condition records will appear automatically in sales order.

if any quries get back to me..

I tried this scenario its working fine.

srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But the problem is different.

I need the scales to work on the UNIT PRICE of the material. It would be a value based scale. In normal case, the total value of a line item (with multiple quantities) are taken into consideration while determining the scale discount. I want that even if there are multiple number of the item in the line item then the scale would be applied on the unit price (total value/no. of materials) of the material.

Suppose I have the following scales for discount-

0 - 500 Rs. - 10%

501 and above - 20%

if i have the following line item -

Material No. Quantity Unit Price Total Price Discount

ABCD 10 200 2000 20%

Here since total price is above 500 so the discount is 20%

But I want it to be 10% since the unit price is 200 (i.e. less than 500)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your requirement very clearly. You are asking for "Cummulative Scale" and as i have experienced the same, this is not possible with standard SAP.

The same has been discussed with some of the Senior SAP_SD Consultants and they had described the same to me.

Best Regards,

Amit.