cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

When I have send data to a database using a receiver JDBC communication channel there is always a time lapse of about 5 seconds.

When I look in the audit log of the MDT (Message Display Tool) I see the following:

2008-09-12 09:15:30 Success Receiver JDBC adapter: processing started; QoS required: BestEffort

2008-09-12 09:15:34 Success JDBC adapter receiver channel CC_JDBC_RECEIVE: processing started; party , service BS_XXXX

or

2008-09-12 09:15:39 Success JDBC adapter receiver channel CC_JDBC_RECEIVE: processing started; party , service BS_XXXX

2008-09-12 09:15:44 Success SELECT businessdomain, invoicedate, locked, changed, lastupdate FROM sales_orders WHERE (number=101) OR (customernumber=3002 AND yourordernumber=050316 AND number=')

The time lapse alsways occurs between the steps as shown in the example.

Any Ideas

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the multiple Rows to be inserted the performance can be compared between Stored procedures and Insert_Update query.

In Insert_Update query for multiple rows multiple statemets are created, but with jsut single call of stored procedure you can insert_update multiple entries. And Stroed procedures are avaialble on Database so it will be bit faster than executing the Insert_Update queries from external system.

Refer,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/6e62f30cbe9e44977c78dbdc7a6b27/frameset.htm

JDBC adapter works based the Thread concept.

One link about that is-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many threads / instances can be used by this comm.channel at the same time. In the configuration of the RFC adapter you can indicate the maximum number of connections. Is something like that possible in the JDBC communication channels?

Ron