Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in User Exits, BADI and Customer Exits while upgrading to ECC6.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one tell me what are the required changes in User Exits, BADI and Customer Exits while upgrading while upgrading from SAP4.7 to ECC6.0?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When upgrading , BADI, customer exits will not be affected,

but your user exit will be lost.

kathir.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell me why the User Exit will be lost, pleas tell me in detail?

0 Kudos

But you can import them again by transporting their request again in ECC they would be reflect again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah there is no affect in BADI And Exits while upgrading but the Parameters will be affect.

Regards

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hello,

some BADIs or SMODs might be migrated into new ABAP language based BADIs. In case you had implemented them, you will need to migrate them in SPAU.

One of the other persons in that thread mentioned 'User Exists' got lost. He/She probably thinks about the very old user exits which consists of empty form routines delivered by SAP. These are overwritten in any upgarde and you have to reinsert the modification in SPAU. My suggestion: Use the implicit enhancement point at the begining of form routines instead of reinserting the modifications after the upgarde. Then you will never have problems in the next upgrades as long as these forms stay in the system.

Regards

Michael