Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for Posting an Accounting Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the BAPI "BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST" to perform an aggregated posting for a given Company Code into a particular GL Account, Cost Center and Profit Center combination.

My doubt is : what happens if the number of line items for a SINGLE DOCUMENT goes beyond '999' here? Will the BAPI handle such a scenario?

Or should we be conscious about the number of Line Items being passed to the BAPI at any given time?

Kindly help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Keerthi

2 REPLIES 2

b_deterd2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend to avoid posting a document with the bapi with more then 999 line-items. in-line it is also not possible. Even if you should be able to post more then 999 line-items with the bapi you could encounter problems when you want to display the document.

regards,

bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, but we can always pre-determine the number of records getting passed to the BAPI and limit it there and create a separate document for the rest of the line items, as long as the amount is properly balanced right?

This is just a doubt, as to whether we will be able to limit the data going into the BAPI in such a way.

Or, is there any other alternative for handling this scenario?