cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many abap dumps in production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

gurus ,

i have a doubt . there was around 56 abap dumps by a single user .

i just want to know whether having these much of abap dumps in the production will hit performance system in a way or other ?

if so i can make alert them on the criticality of running a report in production .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_kumargali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

To anwer your question, the ABAP dump 'SYNTAX_ERROR ' is not going to affect the prodcution system performance.

But only affect that user, transaction and program.

But if any other memory or databse related dumps above stated will really degrade the performance of production system.

But SAP suggests to run these customized codes first in Test system instead of Production system directly. Because if the above memory and database dumps occurs, its going to affect not only this user but all the users.

So i would recommend you not allow the users to directly attempt in Production system.

Hope this helps.

For any other information, feel free to reply me.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Gali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this sysntax_error is in program which is used often by many transactions and it effects your operations that may be critical to business then it can be considered as a performance issue as the system is not working as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the same prob in our production system

most of the dumps are of type CALL_FUNCTION_OPEN_ERROR,Raise Exception and time out

other dumps which are cuming very frequently

All dumps beginning with TSV_TNEW...

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_SQL_ERROR

TSV_INDEX_INDEX_NO_ROLL_MEMORY

SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Pls suggest

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

This king of dumps occurred for frontend communication. Scenarios like, your system is trying to open more than the maximum allowed RFC gateways.

Check the parameters responsible for Client Server Communication for each instance.

SAP Note 316243 lists some steps for further analysis, that also you could refer.

Thank you,

Tilak

Edited by: Tilak Ranjan Mishra on Sep 16, 2008 9:56 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pavan_kumargali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

To add more about ABAP dumps, the below dumps are very critical and need to analyze in production environment.

The following ABAP dumps have to be investigated

- All dumps beginning with TSV_TNEW...

- DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

- DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_SQL_ERROR

- TSV_INDEX_INDEX_NO_ROLL_MEMORY

- SYSTEM_NO_ROLL

- SYSTEM_ROLL_IN_ERROR

- TABLE_HASH_NO_MEMORY

- STORAGE_HASH_NO_MEMORY

- STORAGE_PARAMETERS_WRONG_SET

- SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Generally Memory dumps occur because of insufficint memory, where we need to check memory parameter settings.

Database dumps with ORA errors need to analyze as soon as possible.

To answer your question, the above ABAP dumps will degrade performance.

Hope this helps.

For any other information, please feel free to reply me.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Gali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Susin,

You need to see the type of dump that is coming.As far as numbers are concerned as Scott has said I also don't think anyone can tell.

Also if it is coming from a particular user,see what transaction or report is he/she running.

Reasons for dumps can be many you need to give us more detail.

Check transaction st22.

Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is , most of the dumps are SYNTAX_ERROR which are generated by the customized reports created by the users

these people make a direct attempt in production directly resulting in lot of dumps .

we have a quality client with the latest production datas , but they dont do their first .

i am not sure whether this practice will really hit any performance issue .

if so then i can insist them the importance of being alert before making an attempt in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

"the problem is , most of the dumps are SYNTAX_ERROR which are generated by the customized reports created by the users"

Good! I much prefer them to the "there is something wrong with your system" type dumps.

"these people make a direct attempt in production directly resulting in lot of dumps .

we have a quality client with the latest production datas , but they dont do their first .

i am not sure whether this practice will really hit any performance issue .

if so then i can insist them the importance of being alert before making an attempt in production"

Bad, bad, bad practise.

As you have mentioned a QA system, I'm assuming that you have at least a 3 tier landscape ... tell the developers to use it!

p.s - the problem isn't so much that the users are running the reports directly in Prod, it's that the reports haven't been tested properly before they reach the Prod system !

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends entirely upon what the dumps are!

Other than to say that there is clearly a problem with something, there is no way of anyone being able to advise with the limited info that you have provided.