cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant selection on multiprovider with several infoproviders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to join five different kinds of data. First we planned using infoset, but as infosets don't accept LEFT OUTER JOIN with more than two tables we had to find another solution. 'Constant selection' should do the trick. But it's not stright forward.

To limit the problem I try the following:

Cube A (PO item) has the characteristics Sales document and Sales documet item, and the KF PO Order Qty.

Cube B (SO item) has the characteristics Sales document, Sales documet item and Sales Office, and the KF Sales Price.

Cube C (billing) has the characteristics Sales document, Sales documet item and Billing type, and the KF Billing Quantity.

All cubes have lots of other characteristics and key figures.

Initially I get this result from my query:

Sales document  SD item  Billing type  Sales Office  PO Order Qty  Billing Quantity  Sales Price
206699          10       ZF2           #                           3
                         #             3010                                          1226
                                       #             3

I want all the related key figures to appear in the same row, so we use constant selection to join the data. This is done according to documentation and other information found on constant selection:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e7/5f983c1a356858e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4478] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

On KF PO Order Qty we add constant selection on Billing type and Sales Office. On Billing Quantity we add constant selection on Sales Office. On Sales Price we add constant selection on Billing type. The result is not as expected:

Sales document  SD item  Billing type  Sales Office  PO Order Qty  Billing Quantity  Sales Price
206699          10       ZF2           #             3             3
                         #             3010          3                               1226
                                       #             3

If I simplify the query, joining only PO and Billing, removing Sales Office and Sales Price, with constant selection on Billing type for PO Order, then I get the expected result (i.e. on a single row):

Sales document  SD item  Billing type  PO Order Qty  Billing Quantity
206699          10       ZF2           3             3

Actually, it seems from the result with all three cubes that PO and Billing are joined as are PO and SO, but only separately! I therefore try another simplification. Only SO and Billing, with constant selection on Sales Office for KF Billing Quantity and on Billing type for Sales Price. I get the following result:

Sales document  SD item  Billing type  Sales Office  Billing Quantity  Sales Price
206699          10       ZF2           #             3
                         #             3010                            1226

Just as if there were no constant selection at all! What is wrong? This last problem seems to be the same as described in thread [2552676|], but I find no solution to the problem there.

Please help!

Points will be assigned to everyone which can help me solve the issue.

Best regards,

Christoffer Owe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question was posted in the wrong forum. Please post your comments here: