cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Specific Unit Of Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Whats the procedure of batch specific unit of measure.

Here.my clients requirement is base unit of measure is in Kg but same material is delivered in bags.In one bag sometimes 25 kg is delivered if its indigenous and sometimes 110 kg in case of import. So stores personnel wants inventory counting in terms of bags also.

Please share with me if anybody worked on batch specific unit of measure

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Here is the overview of the configuration.

1.You have to define a class in the classification system and define charaerstics for which use the unit conversion formula like kg/box (Note: You have to define this unit of conversion in the system)

2.In the class settings you have to set "s" in the charactersitcs and make this input disabled. So that they system calculates this for you.

3.Mention the class in the classification of the material master.

4.In the material master goto the additional data where you see the unit of measure tab, Goto the "Propotion/Productiom "

In that tab mention the characerstic name that you have used in step 2 and mention the bUn and Aun.

5.Now you can create a batch with the charactersitc details , Until this point the system will not do the conversion.

6.You specify the batch while goods receipt and order quantity, and press enter the quantity in base unit will be calculated automatically based on the batch classification details.

It will become complicated where you want to handle the unit of measure not defined in sap for e.g Sheet...

Regards

Prasath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you want to know exactly?

General information is here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/25/283d674f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs, whereas i was looking for configuratinal tips as well how can i make system work according to batch specific unit of measure according to requirement i mentioned above.

Seeking your guidance

Regards

Vivek

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos