Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CRM 2007 - Precompile Views

Hi Gurus

I keep getting time outs when I go into views which are being used for the first time. I usually get 2 or 3 timeouts per new screen which is quite frustrating.

When we configure our production environment and go live we do not want to have the same issue.

Is there a transaction which can be run to compile all of the screens so that this online-compile per screen does not occur.

Maximum points for the right answer.

Many Thanks in advance

Panduranga

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Panduranga,

you might want to check and use SAPGui transaction SGEN to generate the required loads of the ABAP programs. Most relevant should be software component BBPCRM and CRMUIF.

SGEN also allows to pre-generate the corresponding BSP views (for same software components). This is relevant as CRM WebClient UI is built on top of BSP.

Transaction SGEN is also very useful to regenerate the invalidated loads after importing single transports, full support packages or after system upgrade.

SGEN is designed to use system resources in an pretty optimal and intensive way, so multiple processes and multiple servers (of same architecture) can be leveraged in parallel.

SGEN runs have impact on system performance and should not be run during normal operation times (while end users are active).

Depending on the number of servers/ processors/ processes available this still can take several hours.

You definitely not only need to make familiar with SGEN using documentation/ online help but also thoroughly plan an align its usage with the person/ team technically in charge of operation of the system due to the resource consumption.

Best regards

Peter

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question