cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive forms on notebook and PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I think about creating an interactive form that has to be processed offline, one part on their notebook the other part on their PDA.

For better user experience I would like to 'shrink' the form (table columns!) for the PDA handling. Has anyone experince with this kind of processing? How should I solve the requirements within th PDF?

Thanks and regards,

Gerald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gerald,

Do you want to display the same form in different ways depending on the device it is accessed from i.e Laptop / PDA? Is that what you meant to ask? I have no answer for that but thought of sharing some other information with you regarding froms on PDAs.

Is your form static because Dynamic Form features are not supported on PDAs as per SAP Note 1002905.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintal,

my first idea was to use the same form and change it by scripting to the according access mode (laptop vs. PDA). In the meantime I found the same note, that tells me that PDAs do not support scripted forms. Bad luck...

Who can explain this:

This Reader version supports static interactive PDF forms.

What is a "static interactive PDF form"???

Regards,

Gerald

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gerald,

Unlike a static interactive form, which has a fixed layout (format and length), the layout of a dynamic interactive form adjusts according to the amount of data the user enters into the various fields and the number of items they add or remove.

So Static Interactive form in simple terms means that you cannot add elements, hide fields depending on some values. Dynamic forms have the ability to display/hide/adjust data on basis of certain input etc.

Exact differences can be found [here|http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/static_dynamic_diffs.pdf].

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan,

that answers my question, but does not sove my problem. I also need a dynamic form on the PDAs to support the users suitably.

Very bad luck...

Regards,

Gerald

Answers (0)