cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading from 3 data sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru's,

Iam having a scenario that I have to load the data from 3 different Data sources into single Z-Cube my question to you is what are the advantages and disadvantages for this scenario.

regards

lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The pros and cons would depend on your specific scenario:

1. Type of Loads - delta/full loads

2. Frequency

3. Nos. of records

The scenario could get much simpler, if you loaded the data to different infocubes and reported off a multiprovider connecting them.

Regards,

Priti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is common and only thing is

1) How are you managing the loads,records are not getting doubled ...as cube has no overwriting facilyt and every records sits on the top of other one...doesnt amtter if they are same or different.

So you have to make sure that you are getting accurate information from the data source.

2)Delta from the data source should be accurate and should be in accordane with the struture of the infocube.

Not all the kinds of deltas can be loaded into the cube and has to be loaded through DSO.

3)You have to take care of delta management issues as well in case of data load failures as well which becomes tough to manage if there is no DSo in between.

I would always advice to go for any DSO in betweem if you are loading to the cube.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

In this scenario, you can create an infosource which can be assigned to 3 different datasources. Or you can go for three transformation for the 3 datasources.

This scenario is useful to get the data from 3 different datasources and store them in the single info cube. So u can have the view of those datasources and generate a report based on the transactional data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Yokesh.