cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding creating Material gate pass document .

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurues

I want to map gate pass creation for some non stock material, which do not have material number .Eg One machine is there ...some spares in that i want to send it for servicing . So i want to create a Gate pass for the same and ammount incurred should be added to that machine .

Can any one tell me how to handle this issue

Regards

Sudheendra kulkarni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope there is some standard functionality built in SAP (I have never used this).

please check transaction code LECI

Related configuration

SPRO --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Basic Shipping Functions --> Registration of Visitors and Means of Transport

you can find more hep from help.sap.com.

regards

kunal

award if helpful

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, SAP doesn't provide any option for creating Gate Pass (Returnable & Non-Returnable) in standard.

Try the below suggested procedure as a work around process;

Returnable Gate Pass: -

1. MM01 - Create Material Master for every Spare Part / Machinery to be sent to Vendor for Repair as Non-Valuated (Material Type "UNBW") (Do not extend Accounting and Costing views since you don't require postings of Stock value and consumption values, you only want to track the Service/Repair Charges)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Others (Receive the quantities of these materials using Movement Type 501 / 511)

3. ME21N - Create Subcontracting PO (Here Main Material and Component will be same material)

4. MB1B - Transfer Posting w.r.t. Subcon PO (Mvmt Type - 541, Spare Part stock will get posted to Vendor Stock)

5. MB90 - Take Print out of this Material Doc as Returnable Gate Pass (U need to configure Message Determination of Inventory Mgmt)

6. MIGO - GR against Subcon PO (101 - Receive Spare Part, 543 O - Consumption of Spare Part form Vendor Stock)

7. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Subcon PO

Non-Returnable Gate Pass: -

1. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Others (Receive the quantities of these materials using Movement Type 501 / 511)

2. MIGO - Goods Issue > Others (Issue the quantities of these materials using Movement Type 501 / 511)

3. MB90 - Take Print out of this Material Doc as Non-Returnable Gate Pass (U need to configure Message Determination of Inventory Mgmt)

Note: - If Client is not satisfied with this then you need to go for development of Gate Pass System.

Regards

Priyanka.P

0 Kudos

Hi priyanka ..

i think the same answer is there with one more same issue ..

but ..here they do not want it through material number ( no MATNR). As this is ..nonstock material .And ..the amount involed in the service is to be updated in Main machine

Regards

Sudheendra kulkarni

Edited by: Sudhendra kulkarni on Sep 12, 2008 11:09 AM

Edited by: Sudhendra kulkarni on Sep 25, 2008 8:51 AM