Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of reducing timestamp lower limit time on Delta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know about this scenario.

In the generic delta, with timestamp, if initialy i set the lower limit to 1800 sec, what exactly does it mean ?

What will happens if i reduce it to 300 Sec ?

What effect will come on the delta thing at R/3 end and at BW end ??

Please if someone can guide me on the above.

Thanks

dipika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As with all timestamp based extractors the safetys exist to make sure you pick up the data

The timestamp on the transaction is given by the application server when the user presses enter

The app server to database server interface in R3 then takes over and sends the data down to the database

If the database reports an error you will see it on SM13 (tables vbhdr etc..) - and the user gets a sap inbox message saying the transaction has failed

Normally the basis team are informed - fix the problem and then resend the trsnaction back to the database again WITH THE SAME TIME as the original transaction

All the BW extractors read data from the database

The safetys are there to allow you to control this process and not loose your records.

ie if you set the low - then you will need a DSO to allow duplicates and if you low is a really small setting and your basis team tend to get lazy in processing SM13 errors then you may loose a transaction on your extractor

I tend to see this problem more on the Finance transactiosn where batch jobs kick in before midnight and SM13 errors are fixed after the GL load and about 8 in the morning - if this happens depending on your settings in BWOMSETTINGS you will lose data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

thanks for ur reply, i m basically concerned here with Generic Extraction thing. Where we can set timestamp and set the safety interval, if i reduce it what difference comes up ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipika - I gave the finance as an example - the concept holds true for generic as well

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This document has very good explaination of this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/84bf4d68-0601-0010-13b5-b06...

Check the 7th or the last page in this doc.

This part :

1. For every delta extraction, there is a selection criteria generated: ?last extraction status

(RSA7)u201D < x <= Today.

2. Offsets for upper and lower delimiter are subtracted from the respective sides

4. Offset for lower delimiter can only be defined for delta method u201Cnew status for changed

records

Hope this helps.