cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block and flag for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Please tel me d difference between block and flag for deletion of customer master

If we a customer flag for delition still order is created , so what is d use of it .plz explain

Thanks regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shibaa ray

Difference between Block and Deletion Flag

Block(VD05)If we block a customer for all sales areas or a particular sales area. Then when u raise a sales order then it will not allow u to create that customer for all salea area or particular sales area. It will give u warning message that customer is blocked.

Again u can remove the block in VD05

Deletion Flag (VD06) -- If we mark deletion flag for customer for all sales area or particular sales area. Then when u raise a sales order with that customer then the system give only information message but even though u can raise the order for that customer.

Again u can remove the deletion flag for that customer in VD06.

With regards

srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivash

Thank you for your suggestion. what i wanted to say is if during flag for deletion we can create the order , so why we need to remove later as per your answer

thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shibba ray

After you mark a master record for deletion, you can still post to the account. This is necessary, since you might still need to clear open items. When you post, the system issues a warning that you are posting to an account that is marked for deletion.

By marking deletion flag, the selected master data is marked for deletion and is deleted during the next archiving run.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Primarily the difference is permanence. Deletion flags would make sur that the data doesn't exist (deleted) from the system.

Blocks are temporary (e.g. when the customer hasn't been consistent in payments, we'd block all sales area for order, delivery and/or billing... but not posting.

To add to Hrishi's response... for you to truly set deletiong flag for customer master, in all the sales areas that the master exists:

TCode: XD02, under Extras (in the menu bar) > Deletion Flags > All areas...

When you set it like this, none of the transactions for this customer can be processed (similar to blocking)

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sowmya

could u plz tel me if i mrk a customer flag for deletion in a particular sales area let say 1000, the order can be created in sales area 1000 or not.if yes why

but i still able to create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blocking restricts some of the processing {order, delivery, billing} for that customer and deletion flag restricts the overall processing itself.

Now, in your case you must have deleted the customer for a particluar sales area and not for all sales areas. The means please check the sales area for which you have set the deletion flag for the cusotmer and then check the sales area from which you are trying to create the sales order for this particluar customer.

Do let me know on the same.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello hrishikesh

Thank you for your suggestion

i have used sales area 1000 and for this i have make flag for delition , i am creating a sales order in sales area in 1000 itself

still order is created