cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crm isa 2007 implementation required steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a new implementation of crm 2007 isa and are at blue printing stage.

Can any one please let me know how to proceed on a new implementation and what are the things to be taken care?

What are all the things to be taken care by an isa technical consultant ..like shop admin, xcm...etc

I would really appreciate the response.

Thanks,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

Firstly take a look at the CRM 2007 main note: 1229931 this will give you a good overview of what you're in for.

Next refer to the CRM Best Practice Guides.

Pay particular attention to C71, C72, C04 for Internet Sales you'll be refering to C74. This is not the entire list but these documents contain core subject matter that you'll need to understand.

In Note 1229931 you should find a document BP_CRM_Quick_Guide on page 22 of this document is your building block requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for your response.

I referred to the note 1229931 and its really gives an idea of how to approach on crm 2007.

In Best Practices documents C74 refers to E-Service, not E-Commerce. In this document nothing is been described about the shop admin and internet sales.

Here I am looking for something specific to the internet sales. Please advise.

Thanks,

Narendra

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I think what you're looking for is C14 - Internet Sales. This is the right place to start off when configuring your web shop for Sales.

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv340/crm_de/BBLibrary/Documentation/C14_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Further, as per your earlier concern, the Internet Sales Architecture (ISA) Technical Consultant is someone who is involved in hands on coding on the ISA API built on Struts. It is SAP's API built on Java Struts framework. So you need to be coding in Java in case you intend to be Technical consultant for ISA.

Apart from these you must also be familiar with tools such as Config Tool, SAP J2EE Visual Administrator, SAP NetWeaver Administrator and the SAP NetWeaver Developer Infrastructure (NWDI), which includes the development environment (IDE) for ISA, the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS).

The functional consultant involves himself in the activities of XCM Configurations and Base Customizing for the Internet Sales Scenario.

In simpler terms, an Internet Sales implementation would involve:

SAP CRM Base + ABAP Developments + Java Base + Java Developments + R3 integration + R3 base

The Basis team looks at administration of SAP ABAP and Java layers, ABAP & JAVA technical developments are handled by technical consultants in the respective areas, Middleware consultant is required in case you have an integration with SAP ERP (ECC). Whatever is left is the functional consultants role, which is Base Customizing for CRM (Business Partner, Transaction type etc.,), Java Base (XCM, Shopadmin etc.,) and R3 base (SD, MM, FI/CO etc.). Depending on the organizations size, project constraints etc., you may have specialized consultants for each or simply an all-rounder.

Further, considering the project involves the Internet, you have other areas which are external to SAP such as Network Architecture - Load Balancer, Dispatcher, Application Accelerator, Server Hosting etc., Security - SSL Certification, Antivirus etc., and Payment Gateway integration. These are generally not given much importance, but are crucial in the end to end execution of an Internet Sales project.

I hope I have answered most of your doubts.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson S Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson Raj,

Thanks for your detailed explanation on CRM ISA front.

We are implementing IPC too. I have already having an idea of what should be done for the initial set up of IPC (Including JAR development and uploading it onto VMC). Can you please let me know how exactly I can incorporate the custom user exits(any changes of code) into the ISA custom code? Where exactly calls to the IPC happens in the ISA? and where can we configure the IPC fro ISA?

I would really appreciate the response.

Thanks&Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

C74 is the correct version to get your Internet Sales up and running.

C14 is relevant for CRM 5.0 is no longer avaialble for CRM 2007, C74 is correct.

It has your Material product configuration, Trex config, and publishing of your product catalog to the web.

Regards

Arden

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

In order to implement any custom changes to the ISA, you will need to study the ISA Development and Extension Guide from SAP Service Marketplace. I tried searching for the SAP CRM 2007 version, but was unable to locate the same. However, you can obtain the CRM 5.0 (2005) version by navigating within the service marketplace under:

Downloads - Installation and Upgrade Guides - SAP Business Suite Applications - SAP CRM - SAP CRM 2005 - CRM Core and Standalone Components

The documents of help to you will be:

1. SAP E-Commerce 5.0 - Examples and Tutorials (Dev./Ext.)

2. SAP E-Commerce 5.0 - Development and Extension Guide

Further, as you have stated repeatedly that you are implementing IPC, it is somewhat incorrect. IPC is an integrated component within SAP CRM as of version 5.0 onwards. Only in case you are implementing SAP Internet Sales R/3 edition, you will need to install the IPC separately. It does not require a separate installation. I apologize I do not where you can obtain a document to implement user exist within CRM, you will need to post a separate query on the forum, someone will surely help you in that.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson S. Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

For IPC, do we have any other forum or can I post the queries here it self??

Thanks & Regards,

Narendra

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Since your requirement involves the web channel for CRM, this is the right forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Narendar,

For more details of the new user exit technique and how to do stuff, follow this good document [AP 7.00 Pricing Userexit Manual OVERVIEW DEVELOPMENT UP-GRADE|https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000081802008E/PricingUserexitManualV104.pdf] (Note: This link requires customer level access to SAP Service Marketplace.

Easwar Ram

http://www.parxlns.com

Answers (0)