Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

crm isa 2007 implementation required steps?

Hi All,

We are working on a new implementation of crm 2007 isa and are at blue printing stage.

Can any one please let me know how to proceed on a new implementation and what are the things to be taken care?

What are all the things to be taken care by an isa technical consultant ..like shop admin, xcm...etc

I would really appreciate the response.

Thanks,

Narendra

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Narendra,

I think what you're looking for is C14 - Internet Sales. This is the right place to start off when configuring your web shop for Sales.

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv340/crm_de/BBLibrary/Documentation/C14_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Further, as per your earlier concern, the Internet Sales Architecture (ISA) Technical Consultant is someone who is involved in hands on coding on the ISA API built on Struts. It is SAP's API built on Java Struts framework. So you need to be coding in Java in case you intend to be Technical consultant for ISA.

Apart from these you must also be familiar with tools such as Config Tool, SAP J2EE Visual Administrator, SAP NetWeaver Administrator and the SAP NetWeaver Developer Infrastructure (NWDI), which includes the development environment (IDE) for ISA, the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (NWDS).

The functional consultant involves himself in the activities of XCM Configurations and Base Customizing for the Internet Sales Scenario.

In simpler terms, an Internet Sales implementation would involve:

SAP CRM Base + ABAP Developments + Java Base + Java Developments + R3 integration + R3 base

The Basis team looks at administration of SAP ABAP and Java layers, ABAP & JAVA technical developments are handled by technical consultants in the respective areas, Middleware consultant is required in case you have an integration with SAP ERP (ECC). Whatever is left is the functional consultants role, which is Base Customizing for CRM (Business Partner, Transaction type etc.,), Java Base (XCM, Shopadmin etc.,) and R3 base (SD, MM, FI/CO etc.). Depending on the organizations size, project constraints etc., you may have specialized consultants for each or simply an all-rounder.

Further, considering the project involves the Internet, you have other areas which are external to SAP such as Network Architecture - Load Balancer, Dispatcher, Application Accelerator, Server Hosting etc., Security - SSL Certification, Antivirus etc., and Payment Gateway integration. These are generally not given much importance, but are crucial in the end to end execution of an Internet Sales project.

I hope I have answered most of your doubts.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson S Raj

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question