cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading existing employees as Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We are implementing cProjects. We already have SAP HR implemented and have employees in the SAP Database.

I tried to upload the employees as business partner through the program RPM_DX_BUPA.

When I executed this, business partners were created but this standard program also created a new central person (CP) and related the business partner and the employee code to the newly created central person in HRP1001. This spoiled the relationship between employee (object P) and central person (CP) which was already existing when the employee joined.

There was no requirement for creation of a new Central Person, instead the program should have created the business partner and should have related the existing central person number for that employee with the business partner.

I request you to help me to know if I am using the right program for uploading business partners. And what shall I do such that business partners are also uploaded and I am able to connect them to the existing central person ID.

Regards, Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

You would create BUPA from existing HR master data using either

-(if cProjects & HR applicatios are running in same system)- sychronize (I think tcode is: HR_SYNC_PERSON) or

-(if there are in different systems)- through ALE connection

RPM_DX_BUPA is meant for creating BUPA from 'external' data.

thx,

Mathavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the program HR_SYNC_PERSON. On the selection screen I entered the employee code of the employee for which I want to create the BP.

A report got displayed that showed me P and CP of this employee, there are two rows one for P and another for CP. Now when I select one of the rows and click on the Start Repair button shown above, the system gives me the following :

Business partner 0000200981 not created

Address type XXDEFAULT does not exist: Address usage XXDEFAULT cannot be created

Enter the business partner number or business partner GUID

Enter at least one number for the business partner

Enter at least one number for the business partner

I do not know what I am missing.

Where as when I use the other program that you say is for external data, it spoils the P and CP relationship.

Please let me know if anything else needs to be done. In T77S0, I have set HRALX HRAC switch as X and HRALX PBPHR as ON. If I do not set them as this, the HR_SYNC_PERSON does not works.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MT for the reply. After what you told about the program and it was not working, it was due to wrong Address configuration. But thanks for telling me the program to sync employees as bps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I ma getting same error on address. would you please tell us what Address config settings to be done to correct this error.

Regards

Basavaraj Patil

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

-Do you know if you have permanent address for the employee?

-Also, just in case, can you select both CP and P rows in HR_SYNC_PERSON and 'repair'?

thx, MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MT, but the problem is still persisting. I have checked and addresses are maintained in infotype 0006. I selected both CP and P and clicked the repair button and again got the same error. The system generates the next serial number of BP but is not able to create.

Please help.

Regards, Sandeep