cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance plan every 3 hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i need to configure a maintenance plan with ip41 but i need to make its cycle 3 hours, i mean 4 times a day, system warns me that smallest cycle can be 24 hours? what can i do?

how can i configure system that creates maintenance notif every 3 hours?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is not possible. Your cycle should be multiple of 24 hour.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 12, 2008 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In time period or span of 1 day only one call object can be generated via maintenance plan. Well I was also looking for same functionality but I came up with result that with standard its not possible.

Because when you create a maintenance plan it schedule it date wise and system does not allow two call objects in the same date.

Regards

Iftikhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

It is possible to plan a cycle more than once in a day. This can be catered by using Single Cycle Maintenance Plan.

1. First make Measurement Counter ( with DAYS Characteristics ) with respect to any reference object and also make its measurement documents.

2. Then goto single cycle plan. Select the cycle unit of like 3 Hr and also select a counter of days in the same plan.

3. Only if you select the Counter of days it will allow you to select a cycle less than 24 hr ok.

4. Now you can schedule the plan and it ll generate the orders with the interval of 3 hrs.

Hope that helps. For any further clarification feel free to contact.

Regards

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked changing Cycle modification factor? Does that solve your issue?

Kindly reply.

Prabhu

marosstx
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Try this. Use 24 hours as your cycle/unit. Then change the Cycle Modification Factor to 0.12 (2.88 hrs) or 0.13 (3.12 hours). That's the closest to 3 hours you'll be able to get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is one solution for that, i can add measure point to that maintenance plan and update that measurement document with abap code, or a job,

that can be done as there is no other way.

thanks.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Then there's the non-standard options such as creating a program to create these orders at the prescribed times.

With this option there is no maintenance plan required.

PeteA

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

What is your requirement? I don'y think this is scenario of preventive maintenace. Which maintenance requirement having this need?

I don't think this is even possible after customizing. There are so many setting in plan that will not work at all.

Eg. Scheduling factor

Call horizon they all having setting for cycle havinig mutiple of 24 Hour.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushal Rai,

They might not be elegant/efficient - but I think John's suggestions and mine will work OK...

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm..

How about 4 seperate maintenance plans each with 1 day cycle. Give each plan a different sort field setting e.g. RUN1, RUN2, RUN3 and RUN4.

Create 4 IP30 variants to select each sort field group (RUN1, RUN2, etc) and set the batch program to run at a specific time each day (i.e. 3 hours apart).

You must ensure these IP30 runs do not affect other IP30 runs and vica verca...

PeteA