cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in ESS/MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are working on R/3 4.7 ESS/MSS. and using Positive Time Management.

Could anyone help me out on the following issues.

1. What are the roles and authorizations need to be given in R/3 for ESS/MSS users?

2. In record worktime screen,i want the Attendance type to be display alone, not to be choosen frm the drop down box. also i want clock in and clock out to be display alone. System time needs to be captured on pressing SAVE button.How to perform this 3 things?

3. We are not having approvals for time entries whereas for overtime we have. how to do the settigns for this? In profile maintanence, if i give, it is coming even for time entry. similarly for lateness approvals.

4. As in ECC version, don't we have area pages in R/3?? In overview screen is it possible to bring all the worksets instead of showing in left cloumn?

5. For all the approvals like lateness, overtime etc, i need to use UWL only or else is there any standard iview in MSS?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sananthanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Roles:

ESS_BC_EMPLOYEE

ESS_BC_ENDUSER

ESS_ESSUSER_ERP

ESS_HR_PA_XF_EXPERT

2) For UWL standatd configuration you need to create a seperate system for UWL.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thnx 4 ur reply. Are the roles you mentioned are only for ESS users, if not plz do let me know wat are the roles for ESS users and for MSS users.

Thanks once again for ur reply.

Regards,

Sananthanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In record worktime screen,i want the Attendance type to be display alone, not to be choosen frm the drop down box. also i want clock in and clock out to be display alone. System time needs to be captured on pressing SAVE button.How to perform this 3 things?

3. We are not having approvals for time entries whereas for overtime we have. how to do the settigns for this? In profile maintanence, if i give, it is coming even for time entry. similarly for lateness approvals

You can default the attendance in working time using the CAC2 data entry profile

Please check the user exits which can be used to supplement the data

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/8e/c9453bf2a8bc07e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

For approval, You need to use the workflow and for which attributes you need WF triggered use feature CATEX and or badi is available for this, Check the IMG for SPecial approval in CATS