cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Capitalisation Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have some assets that have been incorrectly entered into the system prior to stores opening and are therefore already depreciating.

Is it possible to change the capitalisation date? With the desired result being that the asset will stop depreciating until a later date.

Please advise the best solution

Cheers

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please post this in the fixed assets forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

Thanks for your help, appreciated....

What impact will happen if I change the capitalisation date and

Will I be able to restart the depreciation after few months?

In case if I need to reverse the depreciation what should I do?

Thanks and regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir, Thanks but yet to really appreciate ........ Capitalization date is the acquisition date and can be mannually keyed at the time of the creation and its greyed out after that.... Through shutdown, you can stop and restart depreciation. Reversal of depreciatin is a regular feature which you can do by all means.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I can't see this indicator on asset master record, where can I find this indicator?

Cheers

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer, This shutdown field must be present in time dependent tab. If it is not there, we need to do customizing in the Screen layout in the Menu IMG-> Fixed Assets -> Master Data -> Screen Layout -> Define screen layout for Asset Master Data. You need to select the 'time dependent data' and allow the 'shutdown' field optional. Cheers!

Edited by: Ashok Kr Singh Thuljaram on Sep 15, 2008 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samir, In the Asset Master Data, you set the idle indicator. Trust this helps much! Cheers, Ashok SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please post this in ERP Financials - Asset Accounting then you will get the responce very quick.