cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

I would like to do SAP SD Certification, but i would like to directly give exams & not through costly mode of joining Genovate.

I have an reasonable expeience (eventhough not in IT company) .

Please let me know the process & requirement applicable before i can apply & where to apply.

At least let me know reliable source where i can get info.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

GHS.

(note; i am done with searching but not getting exact info)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are three ways to go for certification.

1. Through class room training,

In class room training ,I think you have pay around 3 lakh 10 thousand rupees.

Class room training is excellent. In depth it is discussed there of the subject included and you have to be mentally prepared to do atleast 15-16 hours of labour a day even if you are little experienced to ensure your certification.

Some friends may have some bad experiece at Siemens but it is rare as you have the right to complain if you are not clarified and it is immediately taken care of. Siemens is a reputed company and would never like to take any bad name, so they discard the instructor if the participants are not satisfied.

2. On-line course.

In on-line course you have pay around 1.62 lakh rupees including taxes, but it is meant for experienced candidates. Here there will not be any instructor physically to explain to you, so if do not have very good knowledge and experience of SAP then should NOT opt for it. You will have 200 hours of learning time and within 5 months time which ever is earlier to go for certification test.

3. If you have SAP implementation exp for atleast 2-3 yrs and your organisation sponsers you for certification , then you can apply to SAP directly by giving the certification fee which around Rs.30000/-.

SAP will varify it and if it is found correct then they may allow you for the test. Then only you can go for certification.

I do not know if there is any other way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

D/ GHS,

Good that you are planning to do Certification. Although this forum is not a place to discuss this type of stuff, but I'd like to warn you that never go to Siemens for Certification thru class room training. Siemens' instructors are instructed not to tell any thing abt SPRO to its students.

Rgds.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GHS

As rightly suggested by Rajesh Banka, two options are there to appear for certification

- Through your current employer

- On your own

Since you have indicated that you are not willing to pay huge sum towards certification, the only option is that your present employer should have implemented SAP and you should be handling the relevant issues independently in the respective module.

In fact, it is also not enough that your employer should have implemented ECC6 and you should be having a minimum of 6 months experience without which you cannot appear for certification through your employer. If your current employer is in SAP but in 4.7, then in that case also, you are not eligible.

The other option left now with you is that you have to pay the required amount and appear for certification.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GHS,

To appear for certification directly, you require to be working with one of the SAP Partners, who can recommend you to SAP, to allow to appear exam without attending the course. This does not looks possible in your case.

Hence the possible route is to go through the certification course and appear for exam. Based on my experience, though the course is expensive, it is worth it. It will clearify and give you an overview insight of the scenarios which you have not come accross.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all this particular forum is not intended for jobs, information on ways to get into SAP and stuff like that. But, still then let me put some info for you as below.

There are three options if you want to do certification in SAP.

1. Attending the full course from Genovate / Siemens --- which you don't want to.

2. Going to Delphi and some more institues {which are authorised by SAP} and get online training {fees would be @ 1.5 lakh} and appear for certification exam.

3. If you are working in an IT company which is partner company of SAP, then your company can recommend SAP for appearing for certification via Tech Ed {conducted by SAP every year.. this year it's in November at Bangalore}

There are no other ways to do the certification than above mentioned.

Hrishi