cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have two field separators in the same channel comunication, It's possible??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i need that the same channel comunication accept files with equal structure but diferent field separator.

It is possible to set up the channel with two field separators ~ and / for example in order to accept both kind of files??

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is correct,

You have Two files in the sender System and needs to pick and do content conversion & then send it to receiver.

but the thing is one file values are separated with , and another file values are separated with ~.

For this We have to define Two Sender channels and in the first channel, use the FCC with , and in the second channel use the FCC with ~.

in the First channel give the file name as a*( make sure that the file names shld be starts with a , if the file values r separated with , )

and in the second channel give the file name as b*( make sure that the file names shld be starts with b , if the file values r separated with ~ )

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge goes two field separators are not possible ...as the SAP xi system checks for only one field separator.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This requirement is possible in xi better to use two channels with FCC and use multi mapping technique and merge into one.

ie.

Source1-----|___Multi Mapping_______Tagget1

Source2-----|

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is the process description.

It's not necessary to have the files at same time but is necessary that channel to be able to pick the file (can be a file with field separator "~" or "/") and do conversion correctly in both cases.

My question is if that is possible with only one channel communication and the name of files always the same: a*

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not Possible why because,

you will have one file with "~" separated values and the another file with "/" values.

If u have only one sender channel means , it is not possible to define the FCC parameters for "~" and "/" at single place.

Better to take Two separate Channels and follow separate Naming convesions also

Regards

Seshagiri