Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Schedule Mass Changes of Timing

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have to change timings of different shifts and work schedules for the whole organization only for one month. We have almost 400 shifts and its not easy to change timings manually one by one. Is there any way for mass change.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Simple thing just write BDC or LSMW do all the changes in single excel sheet run program it auto matically changes it

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's gonna be hard to use LSMW without explanations...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thing mass changes that is the only way to do,

there some infotype which have fast entry other than that we have to use only these methods i belive

if you have any methods other than this, you can suggest which is always appriciated

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again, without the business requirement, not easy to evaluate....

If they are very regular WS (not changing every day)You could use IT2003 instead of changing WS for such a short time.... that is If you can do some easy mapping between existing WS and what you need....

Another option: create a new WS very flex for all, and let the date entry trigger the proper clocking....

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically its a govt decisison to save enrgy.

Timings of all locations has changed for one month.

E.g Location1 orignal Time was 8:30 to 5:00 PM

New Time 8:00 to 2:30 PM.

Location2 Orignal Time was 8:00 to 4:00

New Time is 7:30 to 2:00.

Similary there is change in driver and machinery workers shifts and there are many locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you maintaining IT003 or not?

I don't know, anyone please you can dispute the following, but If in your situation and with a good HR ABAPer, I would not touch the workshedules and ask for a quick report that generate IT2003 based on some mapping table that you can provide:

DWS=FREE do noyhing

DWS= 1234 BEg=BB and End=EE becomes for IT2003 Beg=bb and End=ee

etc....

Just beware if something else is changing (breaks etc)

Also beware of anything that can already be there (absence , attendance, IT will have to be regenerate)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain your need, may be there is an alternative solution rather than changing WS