SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Contract account

abdul_basith
Participant
0 Kudos

I am unable to create contract account. I am getting the error message as "Key selection not defined for application R company code List of budget billing proceuders(R301)"

How to go further?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Go to SAP Utilities / Invoicing / Budget Billing Plan / Basic Settings / Define Budget Billing Procedures. There, you define the procedures for each company code. Even if you don't use BB, you need to customize that.

Hope this helps.

Bogdan

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JACK

prince here..at vat level its indicating that error while u save the screen of con account r as soon as u open caa1..vat values u r able to give in caa1..at present i mean for vat fields....

regards

prince

0 Kudos

Prince,

I am getting this at the time of saving the CA.

Jack.

0 Kudos

hi jack

prince here..goto E61K and give ur company code group and not ur comapny code

here are the steps to create comp code group

first define company code grp by the follwwong path

fa newcarpayableorg units--define comp code grp

here u enter new entries as

ex

1000 company code group 3000 (ur company code)

regards

prince

0 Kudos

Prince,

Company code group was already created. But the BB procedure is not maintained. Where to maintain it?

0 Kudos

hi jack

but 1st of all u need to maintain a company code as ur base for ur project...

go for copy company code in spro..

then copy from 0001 from sap

then assign ur company code grp to ur company code in the earlier mentioned path

regard

prince

0 Kudos

hi jack

u need to maintain in fia new-carporg units--assign company code to company code group

regards

prince

0 Kudos

Hello,

BB procedure problem is solved. But now I am getting the following message.

Account determination not possible for key

0 Kudos

HI

EX

1000 COMPANY CODE GRP 50

REGARDS

PRINCE

0 Kudos

You need to maintain account determination for BB main/subtransactions. What exactly is the error message?

0 Kudos

Thank you Bodgan. The actual error is

Account determination not possible for key

Message no. >1003

Diagnosis

The system could find no entry for the following key combinations in the entries for account determination:

Chart of accounts

Posting area List of Budget Billing Procedures (R301)

Key

Field names OPBUK

Procedure for System Administration

Check and if necessary change the corresponding fields for account determination in Customizing for Contract Accounts Receivable/Payable.

If the error message occurred in dialog mode or in a payment lot, you can also execute the function for analyzing errors: Error analysis

The function displays a list of unsuccessful access attempts.

If the data required for analyzing the error is no longer available, display the long text for a message displayed in a job log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Go to SAP Utilities / Invoicing / Budget Billing Plan / Basic Settings / Define Budget Billing Procedures. There, you define the procedures for each company code. Even if you don't use BB, you need to customize that.

Hope this helps.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Bodgan,

Thank you. But the BB procedure is not maintained. Where to maintain it?

0 Kudos

Hi, Jack

Did you go to the path I indicated? In there, for each company code, you need to maintain which budget billing procedures you allow.

0 means no BB procedure.

SAP says:

"If you enter 1 (statistical procedure), budget billing requests are managed as statistical items in the Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA) component and do not affect the general ledger.

If you enter 2 (debit entry procedure), budget billing requests are posted as partial bills.

If you enter 3 (payment plan procedure), the budget billing amount is requested as the new bill amount instead of the bill amount determined by billing and invoicing. The difference between the actual bill amount and the payment plan amount is managed in a special item. This procedure is used for monthly billing.

If you enter 4 (payment scheme procedure), the bill amount is integrated into the budget billing plan. The bill can no longer be paid separately. The budget billing requests are posted as statistical items in the same way to the installment plan.

If you enter 5 (down payment request plan), a special payment plan is created for industry customers. This plan is suitable for industry customers with monthly periods as the down payment plan for the month after next. To use this procedure, establish the settings in Customizing."

After that, you need to maintain all the activities related to the BB procedures you want to use, in SAP Utilities / Invoicing / Budget Billing Plan. Check all activities and see what you need to customize.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In contract account,General data tab, account maintenance sub tab, maintain the budget billing procedure 0 if u dont wnt to create budget billing .

just maintain 0 at BB Procedure

0 Kudos

Hello Narendar,

Thanks. But still I am getting the same error.