Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Regd SPAU and SPDD!!!

Hi,

I am involving in technical upgradation. I am getting the list of programs from my onsite persons and just correcting the programs and sending them the modified ones. But I want to know where exactly SPAU and SPDD transaction codes comes into picture. I never check these two tcodes while modifications. I have modified lot of pgms as of now. But I want to know about these transaction codes. Can any one tell me how and when can I use these two tcodes?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
replied

Hi Ramesh,

When you modify any SAP Standard object it get a modification tag marked to it.

This modification tag is considered while you are upgrading and the complete list of modified objects is identified by SAP into 2 parts.

1. Data dictonary objects

2. ABAP Program (includes Executable programs, Includes, FM, etc..)

1. SPDD - Data dictonary objects are displayed in DDIC. This is done by BASIS guys while installations only.

Reason: If the dictonay structure is not updated before you execute the programs they might give you a run-time dump.

2. SPAU - Programs are later listed seperately. These objects are to be checked and adjusted later after the installation of the upgrade version is complete.

Hope this explanation is enough for you. If you want some specific info do let me know.

Regards,

Kunjal

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question