cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReImport Sub report and Parameter Linking Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Main report and i place a sub report on it and link its parameters, When i go for reimporting Sub report its parameter linking with the Main Report is Lost.

I am using Visual Studio 2005 for the Crystal Report Development.

This is becoming quite an issue for me over the last one month,I have to manually remove the Sub Report and then re insert it into the Main report, But as the Number of Sub reports are increasing this is becoming a Hectic matter for me,

I have searched google and found that it is a Bug In Crystal Reports.Ref : http://www.kenhamady.com/flaws.shtml

Please guide me how can i fix this problem,either i need some updates to the Crystal Report Versions or some thing else.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

That link indicates it's an issue only in Version 9. You are using version 10.2.

Simply save the links before discarding the subreport and re-importing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually talking about the Version of Crystal Reports that comes with Visual Studio 2005.

How can I save the links before reimporting it?

0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Sorry my mistake. Basic does not have the API. You'll have to upgrade to CR XI R2 Developer and use RAS ( Report Application Server ) inProc which will allow you to get/set the subreport links. Service Pack 2 allows you to use inProc RAS for free.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically I need to do it at the designer level of Visual Studio 2005,

I am not developing or linking it using the Code.

I think if i found some hotfix for this in Visual Studio 2005 or Upgradation for Crystal Reports in Visual 2005 that will really helpful to me.

0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Your last reply is not clear. If you are not doing this in code please post your question to the Report Design team, they can assist you in formatting the report to import the subreport properly.

If you are looking for a fix for Visual Studio 2005 then again it's a limitation of Cr Basic that is included with .NET. Only option is to upgrade to Crystal Reports Developer, not the version that comes with .NET but a standalone copy of Crystal Reports Developer. You need the Developer version to be licensed to use any of our SDK's.

It may be an issue with the database and the original report and subreport. Open the main report and Verify the database, then open the subreport and do the same. .NET report designer does not have the bility to save the subreport. Now open the Subreport and verify it also and save it back to the hard drive. Now try re-importing to see if the links are saved, if not then it's a limitation and you'll have to upgrade to the full version of Crystal Reprots Developer.

Thank you

Don