cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection and Int Builder vs icm/host_name_full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My new XI installation was running fine ( Integration Builder, Visual administrator and etc ) until a new entry ( icm/host_name_full) is made in RZ10. After enter this propertie value i couldn't start the Builder or visual Administrator!!!

I have analysed all the below option..

1. By giving the FQDN --> host.xxx.com ( this xxx.com given as a computer name ( right click My comp properties --> Computer name tab -->change -> more->under the Primary DNS suffix of the computer as xxx.com))

2. maintained this FQDN in the host file as below

192.168.0.1 host.xxx.com

When i start the Builder it says "can not find the server or DNS error"

When i connect the Vis Admin, it says Unable to lookup connection default ( logon returned empty list of connection parameter.

I have to make a icm/host_name_full entry in RZ10 in order to cleare the other error.

Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Murugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one let me know what exactly makes the different in starting the Builder or Visual Administrator or RFC connection test in SM59,if i make a new parameter ( icm/host_name_full ) in RZ10 and a entry in host file ( IP address host.xxx.com).

I am really struggling to get this point.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

I ave corss checked the Post installation steps.. everything is accroding to the specification...

Any other hints???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do the XI server - post installation checks again, it might help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundararamaprasad.

Thanks for your time to reply back.

I have checked the RFC connection. Actually, before i make an entry of the icm/host_name_full all the RFC test connection wasworking fine after i made and entry and restart the server then Integration Builder fails to start. I don't understand the relation.

Murugan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have set the RFC destination properly in SM59....

regards,

Sundararamaprasad.