Did you mean: 

Release procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i am trying to release a PR Its showing an error

Purchase requistation cannot be released

where i done mistake

First i created charcterstics an i linked to the class.

then i assigned release groups, codes ,strategies

But in classification i given plant,storage location,Material number.

plz help me

bye

I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But in classification i given plant,storage location,Material number.

What is Your Requirement. Could you Please Elaborate.

Also Let me know what are all the Charecterstics you have created?

Hope you are using ME54N / ME55 Trxn codes for Releasing Purchase Requisition.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mohan,

First check in ME53N if the release stratergy is triggered. If it is triggered check if it is already released. If is not released then take the correct release code and go to ME55 / ME54N, ME54N is better and try to release the PR. Here in case if the authorisations are missing the system will prompt you an error, you can immediately run SU03 transaction and send it to the basis consultant for missing authorisations.

if the release is not triggered then you have to keep in mind that what ever characteristic values you have given try to give these values and create a PR and see if release stratergy is coming. Before this check in SPRO if the release is working fine by stimulating each and every release stratergy configured by you.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Characteristics (CT04): In the classification system, characteristics describe the properties of objects. The values of a characteristic specify these properties.

Characteristic COLOR has the values 'red', 'green', and 'blue'. When you classify an object, you use this characteristic to specify the color of the object.

Steps:

1.Enter Character Name using Create button.

2.In Basic Data Screen - Enter Description, Status, No. of Characters & multiple Values.

3.Go to Additional Data Screen - Enter Table Name, Field Name then choose tick Not ready for I/P.

4.Go to Values Screen - Enter Char. Value & Description.

5.Go to Restriction Screen - Enter Class Type.

6.Then go to Additional Data Screen remove the Tick of Not ready for input & save.

Class (CL02): Group of characteristics that can be attributed to a product. A class is a grouping of similar objects according to common characteristics.

Class Type: A class type is a top-level unit of control for classes. Each class must be allocated to exactly one class type. There is no connection between the individual class types.

Steps:

1.Enter Class Name & Choose Class type then Create using button.

2.In Basic Data Screen - Enter Description & Status.

3.Then nothing will be entered in keywords & Texts screens.

4.In Characteristic Screen u2013 Enter created characteristic then save.

Regards,

senthil.