cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project administration in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How we can use the project implementation feature in solution manager . Specifically i want to use solman in new implementations like (CRM/SRM/SEM..etc) so that i can levarage the benefits.

My doubts are-->

1. Whether we can do the implementation from solman or only we can track it.

2. Broadly explaination of the flow of working with implementation roadmaps.

3. Steps if somebody can share in any form .sim , blog link or pdf would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Warm regards

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's pretty simple to use for supporting your implementation and the benfit isn't only for helping the implementation but capturing what you are doing, which honestly isn't done very well at many places. This definitely makes it easier to do future enhancements and upgrades.

1. Whether we can do the implementation from solman or only we can track it.

You can do the implemenation from within SolMan, kinda. Your SolMan project will be linked to the IMG Project where you capture your configuration. So after you have added the configuration objects to the Solman business process structure, you can double click them and it will open that configuration object in the Dev box. This might seem silly because you could just go to SPRO and browse the IMG. However, this makes it easier to do it the next time, makes it easier to train people, and makes it easier to create a repeatable process if you roll it out to other locations.

2. Broadly explaination of the flow of working with implementation roadmaps.

Personally I think roadmaps are good to look at to make sure you aren't forgetting anything in your project plan, but I wouldn't use them on the project.

regards,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Jason. Theoritically i got the query , but actually i required some document for implementating the same .

I also want to know what part a solman administrator has to play and what part another implementation team need to play(Like CRM or SRM) in the whole cycle of implementation.

Can you share the document created/used while doing implementation ( of say SRM/SEM/CRM) with the help of solution manager .

Any link\.sim file referring the same would be helpful.

Warm regards

chirag

Edited by: chirag kohli on Sep 15, 2008 5:53 AM

Edited by: chirag kohli on Sep 15, 2008 5:55 AM