cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the rwb adapter monitoring the JDBC Adapter always grey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I try to use JDBC Adapter in XI 3.0 sp14.

First I deploy the MS SqlServer JDBC by SDM RemoteGui.I can see the deployed JDBC package in \j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib.

Then I create a communication Channel using JDBC 2.0 in a Business System and active the configuration.

But when I monitor JDBC Adapter in the rwb, I find the JDBC Adapter is always grey.In the \server0\log\services\com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc, no log shows the jdbc adapter is initial.

So what extended configuration shall i do.

Thanks in advanced

Elliott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if your Database server is up and the services are running properly.

Do check if you have followed all the steps while configuring the JDBC adapter as per <b>How To Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS Adapters</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Hope this helps you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elliott,

the changelist containig your new channel did not make it into the CPA Cache.

Regards,

Thilo

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a sender or receiver?

Just a guess: if it's a sender, sounds very strange. If it's a receiver, just try to let one message fall through it (some adapters like SOAP have the same mischievous behaviour and it'll magically activate in RWB.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

I advise to test the deployed adapter on visual administrator, make sure that is working properly.

If that works fine, then make sure ur commn channel is configured properly.

then verify relevant sender/reciever aggreement.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alessandro,ravi:

Thanks for your reply. I will describe detail.

I use a file adapter as a sender and use a JDBC adapter as a receiver.

In the sxmb_moni I find the processed message status is successful.

So I think the integration server works fine.

In the message monitoring, the message is waiting status.

If I change the receiver adapter to file adapter.

It works fine.So I think the process config is fine and the itegration server works fine. the error is in the receiver JDBC adapter side.

I check the default trace, <b>there is error logs</b>:

#com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.queue.ReceiveConsumer

#sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.ms.app

#com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.queue.ReceiveConsumer.invokeHandler(QueueMessage, MessageController, Services)

#J2EE_GUEST#0#SAP J2EE Engine JTA Transaction :

[057ffffffb160017c]

#cgbasis.comgroup.cn_XID_5746950#XIAFUSER#0a056bc0900311daa9ca0013d4b31c7c#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]

_36##0#0#Error##Java###Rolling back transaction for

message due to: #2#d2fe2281-8fd4-11da-cf7f- 0013d4b31c7c(INBOUND)#Object not found in lookup of SapXIJDBCAdapterService.# #com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.queue.ReceiveConsumer#sap .com/com.sap.aii.af.ms.app#com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core .queue.ReceiveConsumer.invokeHandler(QueueMessage, MessageController, Services) #J2EE_GUEST#0##cgbasis.comgroup.cn_XID_5746950#XIAFUSER#0 a056bc0900311daa9ca0013d4b31c7c#SAPEngine_Application_Thread [impl:3]_36##0#0#Error##Java###Transaction rolled back for meesage due to: #2#d2fe2281-8fd4-11da-cf7f-

0013d4b31c7c(INBOUND)#Object not found in lookup of

SapXIJDBCAdapterService.#

In the adapter monitoring, JDBC Adapter icon is grey. I

can't click for detail information. I only deploy the

JDBC drivers by SDM remoteGui. What else shall I do.

Btw, Can you say sth detail about how to test the

deployed JDBC adapter on visual administrator?

Thanks

Elliott

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like your adapter is not configured properly. Then only can see adapter green or red. Work with your BASIS team in configuring JDBC Adatper properly.

Hope this helps.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elliot,

pay attention to <i>points-hunters</i>, and look carefully:

#Object not found in lookup of SapXIJDBCAdapterService.#

... suggests me something very strange...

Check in your com.chan "module" tab:

do you have localejbs/CallSapAdapter ?

If so, you have serious problems, I think, with deployment of some component, or JNDI related. Did you recently upgrade to SPxx your XI box? Maybe something didn't deploy correctly??

BTW, if your problem were with jdbc driver you would see that in RWB monitor!!!

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alessandro

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the localejbs/CallSapAdapter in the module tab.

Further more, I remember before I install the JDBC drviers The JDBC adapter icon is grey but the icon has the hyperlink. When clicked icon, It will say "No Detail". After I deploy the JDBC Driver for ms sqlserver,the JDBC adapter is still grey. But the icon has no hyperlink from then on.

Elliott

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First thing I'd do, following your hints, is to undeploy the mssql jdbc driver. Then have a look at adapter monitor behaviour.

Then, I assume you followed the guide quoted before, "Howto Install... ect". Double check the steps you followed, package again and redeploy.

Finally, how did you configure your com.chn? Have a look at to get some details.

Also try seraching sdn with "jdbc adapter mssql" and some helpful stuff will pop up.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I solve this problem. Follow your hints,I use winzip to generate a new sda and deploy that one. Everything is fine. I think the problem is I use another zip tool not winzip. Maybe the j2ee engine can't identify the sda file.Thanks All