cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy a WebDynpro Application in EP 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have developed one webdynpro application using NWDS6.When im trying to deploy this applicatio from NWDS it is asking for SDM Password.

Actually i dont have SDM password.

Is there any other way to deploy this application in EP6?

Is there any option like can we directly login in to Portal and deploy the ear file.

Regards,

Viswes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi if you do not have Your SDN Password You have to reset it.

Please go through this for reset.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

reset the password in your config tool

go through this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ep/to%2breset%2badministrator%2bpassword%2bthroug...

cheers,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishweshwara,

This is either a problem with your J2EE Engine (i.e The J2EE engine is not running perfectly ) or a problem with your login credentials to the server. (Please check that you give the proper host name and port as well as user id and password. in NWDS)

Thanks

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have DSM passowrd.

Because NWDS is local to your system.

If your applications needs to be deployed on The J2EE Engine.

This is the only way you can do it .This is my view of thinking.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For deployment you would need the SDM password.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i got the password...but still it is giving deployment aborted...

please check this error message...you may get some idea...

-

Sep 11, 2008 7:13:41 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : 145.17.50.182

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/VISSU1.AND/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp42449welcome.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/VISSU1.AND/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp42449welcome.ear

Aborted: development component 'welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2008.09.11.19.08.19':Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [hllsap19] with user name: [administrator] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.] (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

-

Regards,

Viswes

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u able to access the portal from ur desktop? also in the j2ee server perspective...are u able to see the status of node server0?

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

is ur J2EE engine is working .(see is it green?)

if it is not greent then start or restart J2EE engine