cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention period not maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i'm doing data archiving for purchase orders,i got the message " Retention period is not maintained ".

Please any one can tell where i have to maintain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We get the same messages during archiving MM_EKKO and MM_EINA.

Do you have any solution for this problem?

As I see from the source code of the archiving write program it checks for table T161R with the BSTYP, BSART, PSTYP of the document. I can not see the corresponding entries in table T161R, so the question is: how can I customizing the table T161R? In se16 I can add entries, but maybe there are some more standard way to do this.

Thanks,

Gábor

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Retention period is residence time.

You have to maintain residence times for your document types.

if you created own document types, then you have to do archiving customizing for this document types too.

SAP checks table T161R for field TAGE1when it issues this message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

In SPRO - IMG - MM - Purchasing - Define tolerance limit for archiving. In this maintain the residence time 1 & residence time 2 for the Purchasinh doc type & also with item category also.

Define Tolerance Limit for Archiving

In this step, you specify how long external purchasing documents are retained unchanged in the database before being archived.

You can define two time periods, via which you control the archiving of the documents:

Residence time 1 for items without a deletion indicator

Before the deletion indicator is set for a document item, the system checks when the relevant item was last changed. In the process, a change in the PO quantity is taken into account in just the same way as a goods receipt, for example.

The date of the last change is compared with the current date. If no change has been made within the residence time 1 entered , the deletion indicator is set for the item.

Residence time 2 for items with a deletion indicator

For document items for which the deletion indicator was set manually or during the archiving run, the system checks how many days have elapsed since the deletion indicator was set.

The whole document is only archived if:

The deletion indicator has been set for all items of the document

None of the items have been changed during the residence time 2 entered - i.e. the last change is the setting of the deletion

The archived documents are then deleted from the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are

Residence time 1

Residence time 2.

which are different from Renention