cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material staging date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can anybody elaborate on what is material staging date?

While creating the delivery from sales order i am facing an error saying :

item 10 - Material staging date 10/09/2008 is being changed to current date.

Am getting this error for all line items

Regards,

DDP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DDP,

Please go through this SAP help link it will help you in detail about Material Staging.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f841704afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

MUrali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amjad and Murli

Thanx for the prompt response.

After reading thos links i understood the concept but i still dont understand how this material staging date is being changed at delivery level and what will be the impact.

Why is it not allowing to make the delivery?

Regards,

DDP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DDP,

Material staging*-

The Process of executing the Pull list and getting the material is known as Material staging.

Pull list is used to withdraw the components from Main storage location to the issue storage location. Issue storage location is Prod. storage location.Pull list used to control the flow of components required for in-house manufacturing.

It is assumed that the components required are already ( procured or produced ) made available in the Main storage location and to be transferred now to production storage location.

Pull list takes into account the dependent requirements generated from the planned orders of the parent parts and stocks of the child component is checked at the production storage location.Pull list calculates the quantities of the missing parts.

There are four replenishment strategies can used for staging components in the pull list:

Direct stock transfer

Stock transfer reservation

Creating KANBAN replenishment elements (event-driven KANBAN)

Creating WM transfer requirements or transfer orders.

Please check the given below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f840fb4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

with regards

Amjad