cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment File to Bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

want to know what is the classic payment medium for wire payments. Please dont say it is RFFOUS_T because this is the ACH format and the bank does not recognize it as wire.

If someone knows the payment medium workbench (the new payment medium, other then Classic or traditional) format for wire please let me know that too.

I want to know how does the whole process of wire payment works from running F110 to sending file to bank. After configuring the wire in FBZP, and running F110, what is to be done next. Do we go DME administration and download the wire file. Or is there something else that needs to be done. How do we send the file to the bank. Is it emailed from the download or sent directly. If sent directly, what is the transaction code for sending it.

Lastly, Can we send wire payment file to the bank without using EDI. If yes, what is that way, please provide the transaction code. If not, how do we send it through EDI.

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Depends on (1) your country; and (2) your bank.

Terminology also varies - in some country "Wire" implies an international electronic funds transfer, either fully electronic, or telegraphic with manual keying at various points.

From your mentioning ACH, I assume you are in the USA. I assume your usage of "Wire" means a domestic electronic funds transfer.

From what I could find "Unfortunately, there is not a standard International ACH format used by all countries and banks. Some banks require a company to program a bank-specific format on its systems, while other banks accept a proprietary format from the company's ERP system. File transmission requirements can vary as well. The typical file transmissions are through Secure File Transport (over the Internet), direct transmission (Internet or modem dial-up), a treasury workstation, or through a banking system. However, a bank can help company officials decide which method is the best for their company. "

Some countries have standard formats. Many do not, and it is dependant on the bank.

The best approach is to ask you bank for a copy of their file specifications, and then try to work out whether this is another name or slight variation from a standard format MT100, ACH, or whatever.

As to the process, it depends onthe program you use to define the file format, which, if using "classic" payment mediums is usually, but not always, by running the program from the "Printout/Data Medium" tab of the F110 settings. This may use DMe or output to the filesystem, or give you a choice.

transmission to bank is dependant on bank. Some accept email, some have secure web applications, some have proprietry terminal sofware using a modem direct to the bank to pass files to the bank.

Simple answer - talk to your bank. They have lots of customers doing this, so will send you their documentation.

Once you know the file format you need, have a look at programs starting with RFFO (eg RFFOM100). There are a number of these, allowing for standard Swiss GIRO, US ACH, various SWIFT formats, and so on. There may be one that exactly suits your needs, or suits your needs with modification.

Altheratively, you could use Payment MEdium Workbench and DMEE - for this, check out transaction DMEE and tree type PAYM - there are a number of standard format tree that may meet your needs,or you could create one from scratch.

The namespace error you recieved is usually when you are crating a new object (a program or a table etc.) and are naming it with a name reserved for SAP use - you generally prefix your own modifications with "Z" or "/", depending on the object. this ensures ugrades and patches will not overwrite your own programs.

Reg

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sheena - wanted to know if you found the file format to transfer wire payment information to the bank. I am looking for a format to use in the PMW instead of ACH for our W payment method.

Thanks.