Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI color settings for each client wihin a single system

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can customize your SAP GUI settings for each system with SAP GUI Customizing. I myself have different colors for development, test and production system. This is useful when you have several SAP sessions open at the same time.

However - is it possible to customize GUI settings for each client within a <i>single</i> system? Usually I have open sessions for several clients and systems, and while quickly switching between the sessions, it is difficult to recognize where you are. How you are managing all your open SAP sessions?

Regards,

Jarmo Tuominen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very old post but still replying as SAP has the option to change color for each client. Once you log on to a client on right side you will see an icon for Television (customize local layout or ALT + F12) and then click on options.

Inside options click on Colors in the system and choose desired color for your client in the bottom right window , top window is for the environment it self. Hope this helps

Cheers

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarmo,

I don't think there are different settings for several clients in one system.

I also still have to be sure to be in the correct client by watching the info in the right corner of the status line.

Sorry, no answer (but my experience)...

Regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the Theme in New Visual Design, without clicking apply, then create a new session, you will have to sessions to the same system with different colors. I would think you could do some things with scripting along these lines also.

Regards,

John

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos

Using SAP Shortcuts, <i>you can login into SAP directly from your Microsoft Windows desktop with a single click</i>. This is particularly useful when you need to login to different clients and systems regularly. For more details, see the following:

- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/af/732dc2d50b11d1a26e0000e8a5a614/content.htm

- SAP Note 146173. Only switch this on if it is absolutely necessary since this poses a security risk. Your password is stored in your workstation as a plain text (not encrypted).