Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding user permission to actions.xml file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I need help.

I need to add some permissions to user management.

I added them in the actions.xml file.

After doing a build and deploy, the J2EE engine is complaining that BUSINESSSERVICE NAME already exists.

So my quesion is how do i add additional permission to the user management ?

Is there a need to undeploy the wdaction DC ?

Or should i upload the actions.xml via visual admin tool ?

I thought the deployment way should be the right way.

Thannks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Daniel

27-Aug-2008 17:32:43 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : cias109

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/pmsdla/LOCALS1/Temp/temp41851com.diagonalapplwdaction.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/pmsdla/LOCALS1/Temp/temp41851com.diagonalapplwdaction.ear

Aborted: development component 'appl/wdaction'/'com.diagonal'/'dev_devcias_D'/'20080801172153'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application com.diagonal/applwdaction.. Reason: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_appl~wdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists! (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

if you get the exception during the Action deployment with the message:

Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!

this means that there is already one actions.xml file deployed on the system with this business service name (<BUSINESSSERVICE NAME="CIAS_Roles" >).

As you wrote that you took over the project from a colleague and that the project is already deployed on the SAP J2EE engine, it seems to be an issue with redeployment.

It could be that the project name changed and therefore your project is now deployed with a different name compared to the original project. For the J2EE engine it is a new deployment in this case. It then assumes that two different applications want to deploy the same actions.xml file, which is not allowed.

So the solution should be to undeploy the old project and then deploy your project.

Best regards,

Markus

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is same name of actions(having same permission class) are already exists in UME,

Which development component are you using? UME permission project? or action.xml is in your WD project itself.

and as you said you have to add some user permissions that means did you create your own namepermission class which extends

com.sap.security.api.permissions.NamePermission; its must.

in your action.xml you should check the permission class for your actions.

if you keep permission class a custom class which extends namepermission then it will be good.

Is there a need to undeploy the wdaction DC ?

no you can edit you action.xml anytime and deploy it.. it will always work.

Or should i upload the actions.xml via visual admin tool ? if you want to do this then there is one more method

1. Open configtool.bat from C:\usr\sap\<>\JC00\j2ee\configtool

2. Go to File --> Configuration Editor --> Display Configuration --> cluster_data --> server --> persistent --> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

3. Go to Change mode.

4. Double click the ********.xml

5. Upload the latest *********.xml and click OK to save.

6. Restart J2EE server.

But it wont work in your case as your getting deployment problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

Thanks for your help.

Actually i have taken over a project done by some other persons. The user permission is working fine in the application. The problem is that i m not able to add new action/permission.

And the new permission is using the same class as those existing ones. So when i deploy the DC (under gen->default->deploy->com.diagonalapplwdaction.ear), the J2ee engine throws the error. I think the error is not complaining about the permissions but rather on the fact that CIAS_Roles already exists !!! See below an extract of the actions.xml file. Do you an idea why the J2ee engine is refusing to accept the file ?

Reason: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='UME actions for application com.diagonal/appl~wdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_appl~wdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!'

<BUSINESSSERVICE NAME="CIAS_Roles" >

<DESCRIPTION LOCALE="en" VALUE="Access Management For SD MQ"/>

<!-- Business Service Actions -->

<ACTION NAME="Master_MQ_View" >

<DESCRIPTION LOCALE="en" VALUE="Master Permission for all actions" />

<PERMISSION CLASS="com.diagonal.util.authorization.GeneralAuthorization" NAME="Master_MQ_Permission" VALUE="*" />

</ACTION>

:

:

:

</BUSINESSSERVICE>

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As you are doing changes in same DC, this thing should not happen.

but just for check.

go to UME and check the actions. like search for Master_MQ_ and check the name of DC from which it is deployed.

If there are no consequences then you can undeploy previous one. and then deploy your changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actions.xml file is in a DC of type UME Permissions.

It is a standalone DC just for user authorization purposes.

This problem is weird. May be there is a setting on the server that is not correct. I will carry on with my investigation.

Thanks anyway.