Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit in Equipment Address management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a user exit in 4.6C within Equipment maintenance but none of the enhancements that I have looked at seem to have the address information available. I have looked at Enhancements IEQM0001 to 3 and ITOB0001 - 6.

We have a requirement in a 4.6c environment to check that Equipment address information is only changed on a specific type of related types of equipment as it is a business requirement that all of these items should always have the same address. For example Equipment A, B and C are linked and must have the same address. Equipment A has the master address and when it's address is updated this must also be updated in Equipment B and C. In addition if someone tries to update the Address in Equipment B or C then an error message should be output telling the user that they must update this from Equipment A.

I have not been able to find any enhancements that give you access to the address information however.

Thanks for your help

Ian

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

what tcode are you using?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using IE02.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Ian,

First of all have a look [here|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits.pdf] for the PM/CS enhancement options.

You could probably IEQM0003 (Additional checks before equipment update) to check if the address has been changed by either using a suitable function module to look at the buffer data, or using field-symbols to call-in the data from the memory.

PeteA

[www.pjas.com]