cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter -- Picking has to wait untill it get fully loaded/write.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to pick the files from a folder and I need to pick the files only which has been written completely.

I should not pick the file in the middle while writing, I need to wait untill it finishes the writing completely.

Is there any setting I can put in Sender File adapter to do this?

Thanks

Seema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check Question#3 of SAP Note 821267.You will know what SAP has to say regarding this:)

If you really want to do this in XI,then use Java proxy for this.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Proxy..

I dont want to make it much complex.

Anyway I ask them to change the one which you suggested like from .DAT to .TXT and looks like they are OK with it. I am going for it and hopefully It won't put me any problem in future.

Anyways Thanks aamir and Nithya for your replys.Points rewarded and Im closing it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to increase the processing time in the sender communication channel, so that it allows you to completely load the file. Check the time which is needed to upload the file to the directory manually and correspondingly change the processing time.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Is there any setting I can put in Sender File adapter to do this?

If you are using NFS,you can use the Msecs to wait before message processing option.

If you are picking from FTP,MSecs wont work there.the sender program which writes the file must write the file in some temporary format like .dat etc and once the file is complete it should change the filename to .txt,configure the sender file adapter to pick only *.txt files.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for the response.

// If you are picking from FTP,MSecs wont work there.

The option Msec is there for transport protocol "FTP". Still It doesn't work?

There is one more option "Maximum file size". what does this mean?

Ex: if I keep the value as 50kb. Will it wait for picking untill the file size becomes 50kb ??

Regards

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>The option Msec is there for transport protocol "FTP". Still It doesn't work?

Yeah,this option is present in FTP as well but is ineffective:)

Here is an excerpt from help.sap

This parameter is applicable only for the File adapter. If you enter a value in this field when configuring the sender FTP adapter, it will have no effect.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

>>Will it wait for picking untill the file size becomes 50kb ??

No,it wont,it will pick the file as it is(half written as well) as per the polling interval.Only difference this parameter makes is that it will not pick up the file if its size is more than 50Kb.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nithya,

>> Try to increase the processing time in the sender communication channel, so that it allows you to completely load the file. Check the time which is needed to upload the file to the directory manually and correspondingly change the processing time.

We do not know exactly at what time the file will be placed in the folder. It may be at any time. So I cannot put the processing time accurately.

Aamir,

>> If you are picking from FTP,MSecs wont work there.the sender program which writes the file must write the file in some temporary format like .dat etc and once the file is complete it should change the filename to .txt,configure the sender file adapter to pick only *.txt files.

This is a good idea. But I don't think I can ask them to change at the other end as it is working previously with other middleware.

Guys,

Can you please advice which is the best thing we can do at this point of time.?

Thanks

Seema.