cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementation of Mapping Windows user to common User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to seek your guidance and advice regarding one request that we receive from one of our users,

The Request: We have many servicedesk/helpdesk users in our portal platform. So in order to manage their activity in our portal platform, we would like to request to map their userID to one userID(example: user A,user B,User C will log in to portal using their AD account but their account will be mapped to only SERVIDESK userID), it means in our portal activity report we only will see user Servicedesk login to portal although user A,B,C login to portal.

The request certainly lack the LOGIC behind the request but the reason i post this thread to know whether technically this can achieved or not.

Looking forward your reply

P/s: Our portal is on version 7 sp15. We use AD account log in to the portal.

Thanks

Best Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding

It may be possible If one person manages all service desk operations and that person have windows user id with userid "SERVICEDESK ".

It is not possible for several users to have same userid in Active directory

Integration of portal with windows userid possible whith same userid.

we can see some other inputs also

Koti Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ramesh,

I think portal activity report will still show A, B, C but they would be accesing ur backend using the servicedesk ID so if you can generate the servicedesk report you will see only one ID.

regards

Pankaj Prasoon