Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lost when download data after ALV display in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, first i display the data in ALV Grid, then I upload the data into sap application sever, it is ok in foreground. But when i run the program at background and the data is more then one page in spool list, the file on application server will lost and only has data in last page of spool list. Is this SAP standard behavior? please advice, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think this is the standard behaviour. how you are doing can you let me know and also if possible show the code.

0 Kudos

There is a simple logic.

First i get all data and keep the data in interal table T_LIST.

Then call function REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY to display data in T_LIST.

Third, Using statement OPEN DATASTET and TRANSFER to upload data in T_LIST into application server.

In fact, it will be ok if run the program foreground. it will also be ok if upload data into appllication server before display data with ALV grid. But i just want to know the root cause why data lost in my current design. thanks.

0 Kudos

It seems, the internal table used to pass data to ALV is somehow getting truncated. Some layout settings may be responsible.

As a workaround, you can copy the internal table to a new internal table before passing to ALV and use the new table to pass data to application server.

0 Kudos

I think so, the internal table will be truncated when output data into spool page by page. But where and how is the setting? I have no idea.

0 Kudos

>But i just want to know the root cause why data lost in my current design. thanks.

after the display how are you doing, where exactly you are doing the transfer. show the code.

it should behave the same way , how it is behaving before display.

0 Kudos

I am not in the system, so i can't show the exactly source code to you, but i can give you the structuct that i coding.

OPEN DATASET.... ( here give the file name and path)

LOOP AT T_LIST. (all data in internal table T_LIST)

TRANSFER T_LIST TO.....

ENDLOOP.

0 Kudos

it should download the same. I am thinking that you are doing some mistake some where which is causing the problem. so check it once.